Julie Rayburn is a Christian author and speaker. Her passion is to encourage and inspire the application of Biblical truth. Julie has co-authored six women’s devotional books by Barbour Publishing. Her newest devotional book, Be Still and Know….365 Days of Hope and Encouragement for Women, is based on a journal her mother kept the last year of her life. This book is not about death, but about living the abundant Christian life now. Her mother possessed clear spiritual focus the last year of her life. Julie hopes that these spiritual truths will be passed on to the next generation. We all desperately yearn for peace in the midst of life’s challenges. When we are “still” before the Lord, meditating on scripture, He imparts spiritual truth. We can experience abundant living when we apply those truths to our everyday lives. May you be inspired to follow her mother’s example!
Julie has also been a featured speaker at women’s retreats and special events for over 25 years. She has served as Teaching Director and Area Director for Community Bible Study (CBS). Currently Julie and her husband, Scott, are serving as Calebs to Nepal with CBS.
Julie continues to work part-time as a surgical nurse at an orthopedic outpatient surgery center. She also serves on the board of Grace Valley Ministries. Scott and Julie have two grown children and three grandchildren. They reside in the Atlanta area.
- Florida Nurses Association’s Clinical Excellence Award recipient: 1996
- Exemplar written about Julie’s surgical mission trip to Guyana, South America. Presented in Naples and Orlando.
- First Presbyterian Church of Tampa retreat, St. Petersburg, FL
- Saint Brigid’s Catholic Church, women’s circle group, Alpharetta, GA
- Saint Andrews Catholic Church, women’s circle group, Roswell, GA
- Feather Sound Community Church, St. Petersburg, FL
- Community Bible Study leadership groups and classes, GA
- Simpsonwood United Methodist Women’s retreat, Norcross, GA
- Mt. Pisgah United Methodist Church, Mistletoe Brunch, Johns Creek, GA
- Dunwoody Baptist Ladies Fellowship, Atlanta, GA
community bible study (CBS):
- Caleb to Nepal - 2016 to present- ongoing mission trips to Nepal to establish CBS Bible studies
- Teaching Director – 1999-2004, Norcross, GA (lectured weekly- 30 minutes- 200 women)
- Area Director - 2006-2009, state of GA (oversaw 3 Georgia classes)